“Deep down inside, most every guy wants to be a secret agent. Someone who is stealthy, resourceful, dangerous and prepared for anything. I know I will never be a secret agent (or maybe I already am), but”
The above is what I recently found in our “Drafts” folder on our blog… written by my lovely husband a couple months ago, never to be seen by me until tonight. I found it quite humorous and thought the rest of the blog world might as well. Perhaps he’ll finish this post someday (though I think it was perhaps the beginning of his post about his backpack!), but since it’s been a few months, I found it time to display… hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.
I honestly feel a little timid and silly putting this challenge out there, but I know that any action I can do (large or small) to help those afflicted with Multiple Sclerosis is worthwhile. While the ride on this 36 year old bike won’t be nearly as comfortable, easy to peddle or flashy as it’s modern day counterparts, it represents how hard I am willing to work towards the cure. If you’re curious, go to my page
Thank you North face Recon Backpack, you organize my life! Before I met you, my world was scattered about; no order, only chaos! Did I tell you that one time I lost my keys and later found them in the garbage can outside? Now your shoulder straps hold my keys with confidence! You keep my phone ready at hand but always snug in place. How many phones did I break before you came along! Everyday I venture into this world with you on my back and I’m sure that we have not forgot anything. With any luck, all our preparation and foresight will come to fruition in saving someone’s life, maybe my own. Is a headlamp, binoculars, leatherman, rope, matches and compass overkill? It won’t be when I’m stranded in the deep woods and trying to Survive! That’s what I like about you; one moment you are a kind civilian bag just helping a chum out, next thing you know you are my survival life line! You are like a ninja boy scout!
Best Online Friends Forever, thats what we can become! If you’re wondering what I’m about, here ya go. My blogging will probably fall into one of these areas. Interesting? Hmmm….we’ll see
- Sports-In my opinion hockey and basketball are the only sports worth watching. As far as Minnesota sports go, just watch hockey! I enjoy the rest of my sports experienced first hand, outdoors! Cycling has been my favorite activity for almost two decades now. I like to run and toss frisbee with my friends at ultimate. My lazy man sport is disc golf. I have hopes of picking up a winter sport eventually, but for now I’m content taking walks nomatter what the temp.
- History- I love Minnesota history. History should really be experienced, touched and seen with your own eyes. Try to grasp what lives went on before you, to know that there is more to come after you’re gone. A old picture, a historic building, a historic marker……hard to pass up.
- politics- Go Ronald Reagan! Seriously though, we’ll be fine.
- Religion- Christian, a sheep at John Piper’s church
- Other-Live concerts, a good beer, lifting weights, Settlers of Catan, camping, rock climbing, backpacking, talk radio, reading, Lost, Seinfeld
- St Paul- St. Paul, MN….the classier of the Twin Cities.
I truely haven’t grasped the concept of the blog. I don’t even know why I have this blog except for the reason that it makes my wife happy. The sheer amount of posting is overwhelming. I don’t know where to begin!
What is the purpose? That is the big question that I need answered in order to give me a reason to keep this blog. I am giving this blogging thing a chance. Two weeks, giving a honest effort at putting down my thoughts down on here. If at the end of two weeks, I still don’t see a point in blogging, me and wordpress part our seperate ways.