Here’s one picture taken on our camping trip. Check out our flickr photos to see more, since knowing me, I probably won’t get around to posting any more on here. I hope you enjoy them!
Category Archives: Camping
John and I went up to the north shore (aka Lake Superior shore in MN) and camped right by Split Rock lighthouse this week for two days and nights. It was so wonderful to get away and just BE together. Kinda weird at first, I’ll admit, but we kept busy with walking around, sitting by the fire (and of course, eating lots of s’mores!), takings beautiful pictures of the view we had of the lighthouse, lounging in our hammock, and playing with the chipmunks that visited us every couple hours. I loved not having any TV, internet or cell phone access for over two days. The sound of the waves crashing against the cliffs lulled me to sleep… even though my face was pretty chilled as I lay in my mummy-bag sleeping bag. This almost 10 yr old North Face sleeping bag is finally getting the use it was made for!
We’ll definitely be making camping trips like this as often as we can; it was very relaxing and fun and beautiful. I know John really enjoyed getting to use all the camping gear and gadgets that he’s been collecting since we got married last summer. I hardly had to plan or pack anything other than my clothes and toiletries (they had bathrooms AND showers!!) and John took care of the rest. He did so well! Our dehydrated thai food and chicken dumpling mixes that we tried weren’t all that bad! I think I might have even said that I would order them at a restaurant if I could… amazing.
I will post some pictures as soon as I get around to it, probably later tonight or this weekend. I have the weekend off this weekend, after only working Sunday, Thursday and Friday this week. I love not having to work M-F now. Although it makes it difficult to plan things with people, it really helps when my work week is broken up with a day or two (or three!) off every now and then. But, I need to plan meals for the next two weeks this weekend because starting Monday night I start night shifts again…. yay. Pictures to come soon; there’s some really good ones!
Thank you North face Recon Backpack, you organize my life! Before I met you, my world was scattered about; no order, only chaos! Did I tell you that one time I lost my keys and later found them in the garbage can outside? Now your shoulder straps hold my keys with confidence! You keep my phone ready at hand but always snug in place. How many phones did I break before you came along! Everyday I venture into this world with you on my back and I’m sure that we have not forgot anything. With any luck, all our preparation and foresight will come to fruition in saving someone’s life, maybe my own. Is a headlamp, binoculars, leatherman, rope, matches and compass overkill? It won’t be when I’m stranded in the deep woods and trying to Survive! That’s what I like about you; one moment you are a kind civilian bag just helping a chum out, next thing you know you are my survival life line! You are like a ninja boy scout!
Best Online Friends Forever, thats what we can become! If you’re wondering what I’m about, here ya go. My blogging will probably fall into one of these areas. Interesting? Hmmm….we’ll see
- Sports-In my opinion hockey and basketball are the only sports worth watching. As far as Minnesota sports go, just watch hockey! I enjoy the rest of my sports experienced first hand, outdoors! Cycling has been my favorite activity for almost two decades now. I like to run and toss frisbee with my friends at ultimate. My lazy man sport is disc golf. I have hopes of picking up a winter sport eventually, but for now I’m content taking walks nomatter what the temp.
- History- I love Minnesota history. History should really be experienced, touched and seen with your own eyes. Try to grasp what lives went on before you, to know that there is more to come after you’re gone. A old picture, a historic building, a historic marker……hard to pass up.
- politics- Go Ronald Reagan! Seriously though, we’ll be fine.
- Religion- Christian, a sheep at John Piper’s church
- Other-Live concerts, a good beer, lifting weights, Settlers of Catan, camping, rock climbing, backpacking, talk radio, reading, Lost, Seinfeld
- St Paul- St. Paul, MN….the classier of the Twin Cities.