My friend over at Knightly Chats tagged me to do this little survey about me… so please, if I have tagged you, humor me and do it also. It’s fun to learn more random things about each other to get to know one another better!
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing 5 years ago?
- I was a junior in high school, having just finished the most difficult year of high school ever junior year, since I took a few AP (advanced placement) classes, one of which was European History which I did not enjoy, the other was Calculus which I loved!
- I was not a happy camper at this time, probably would have been diagnosed with depression…
- I was going to local community church with my best friend Amanda which God was using to bring me to Him in the years to come.
- My parents, my rabbit, Buddy, and I (my brother and sister were in college in Maine) moved from a house that we lived in for most of my life (ages 5 to 17) and next door to my best friend Amanda to a house right by a beautiful lake just 10 miles north, where I knew nobody but was still within the same school district.
- Later in July I started working at Chipotle where I was the youngest and only white girl so I was hit on by the many older Mexican men… eventually leading me to quit after 7 months.
What are five things to do on your to do list for the day?
- Read and feast on God’s Word and journal about it.
- Pray for myself, my husband, my family, friends, church, and those who do not yet know the Lord.
(Both of the above I “plan” to do everyday yet often fail to… please pray for me to follow through with it!)
- Take a walk/job outside or go work out at the downtown “Y” (YMCA)
- Organize some more boxes, particularly office supplies… and re-pot my basil plant!
- Cook a new recipe for dinner tonight (from allrecipes.com) of italian pork meat ball pasta… should be good!
What are five snacks you enjoy?
- Dried cherries that my mom me gets from Shipshewana, Indiana
- Chips and salsa
- Wheat thins with roasted red pepper hummus
- Fresh crunchy/juicy grapes
- Baby carrots with ranch dressing for dipping
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
- pay off our debt and never use a credit card again (if possible)
- pay off our church’s and help support them in building more campuses/churches
- give to my sister’s ministry
- pay off my brother’s debt and help him get a place of his own so he can take care of his kids and so that my mom doesn’t have to work and take care of the little kiddos
- help out my sisters in Christ who are struggling to make ends meet (enable my good friend Heidi to be a stay-at-home mom as she so desires!)
What are five of your bad habits?
- staying up late/sleeping in
- wasting time on internet, though I think I’ve gotten better
- picking at my hair/face when I’m stressed or anxious rather than immediately praying and giving it to the Lord
- being extremely pokey when getting ready to leave which means…
- almost always being 5-15 minutes late
What are five jobs you have had?
- soccer referee
- chipotle mexican grill… burrito extraordinaire
- receptionist at a women’s health club
- sales associate at american eagle outfitters (clothing store)
- nursing assistant at a local nursing home/long-term care center
What five people do you want to tag?
- my sister Jen
- my friend Heidi
- my ‘blog friend’ Kathy
- my ‘blog friend’ Stacy
- my friend from college Britt